My primary job for this project was to model assets and characters that felt cohesive to the world we were creating. We wanted to construct a wonky world set in a universe in which sentient teeth rule the kingdom. Likewise, because we were working with the limitations of VR I had to ensure that all the assets created were optimized to enhance performance. To achieve this end, I had to create assets that worked modularly.
Next we noticed that, although our game was full of vibrant, smiling characters, it lacked a sense of life. To achieve this I went in and animated just about every object. The trees needed to sway in the wind, creatures needed to bop to the music, water needed to ripple. I also wanted the player to feel like he was a part of the world so I created hit interactions.
My final task was to create environments in which the game would take place. The biggest challenge here was creating courses that were interested and well balanced. I blocked out many tracks trying to make each one unique. After testing each track and weeding out the ones that were too difficult, not fun, or repetitive, I began creating the final product. We created different biomes to match each track.